Replacement Trading Processes Made Easy
Bryson Pouw, President
One of our favorite things to do at BlazePortfolio is to solve hard problems with the click of a button. When working with clients we often hear about tedious workflows in Excel, which take hours, that can be replaced by a feature in ATOM Align which takes seconds.
The process of selling one security and purchasing another security to replace it is an example of a workflow that comes up frequently for investment advisors. At first glance this process may seem simple, but things can get complex quickly if you also need to account for cash balances, security restrictions, multiple investment strategies and different custodians.
Simplifying Replacement Trading Processes
In ATOM Align we can streamline replacement trades in different ways, depending on the end goal of an advisor. If an advisor wants to sell a security and buy another security to replace it, up to a certain allocation percentage, that is handled with a model sleeve rebalance.
Model Sleeve Rebalance
With a model sleeve rebalance you can:
- Select all securities in a sleeve to rebalance, or just the 1 or 2 securities you want to rebalance trade at a time
- Rebalance many different models or multiple target allocations at the same time
- With sleeve rebalances, you can always: refresh pricing data, account for cash minimums, analyze pre-trade compliance restrictions, and review tax consequences.
Sell and Replace Trade Strategy
Another way to swap securities across accounts in ATOM Align is with a sell and replace Trade Strategy. In this scenario a user wants to sell some or all of a current holding and use the proceeds to buy one or multiple other securities.
With a sell and replace Trade Strategy you can:
- Sell an entire position, trim a position, target a specific end percent or sell a specific number of shares
- Use all or some of the sale proceeds to buy one or multiple new securities
- With a Trade Strategy, you can always: refresh pricing data, account for cash minimums, analyze pre-trade compliance restrictions, and review tax consequences.
No matter which course you can, ATOM Align will save you countless hours of time and effort while also reducing the risk of errors due to manual calculations. ATOM Align works with your strategy so you can focus on your customers and minimize the time you have to spend on manual trading.
Contact us for more information about ATOM Align and to find out how you can leverage these powerful features.